The Sustainability Exchange UK has the following objectives:
For policies to be effective they must be derived and driven from management level. At Impact we have regular management reviews of the environment policy. The efficiency of these decisions can be determined through meeting targets, which are outlined below.
- Impact will meet all environmental targets set
- 100% of all Impact staff will be inducted into the Environment Management System (EMS) within three months of their employment
- The EMS will be reviewed quarterly by the Environment Advisor and the UK Leadership Team
- Updates to all Impact staff will be communicated quarterly
Policy and Procedures
- We will continue to incorporate conservation projects into staff Learning in the Community commitments
- Implement the updated suppliers policy by the end of 2014
- By the end of 2014 we have engaged with a supplier to help improve their environmental performance
- Achieve a new external accreditation for the Environmental Management System by the end of 2014
- Maintain profile and influence in local environmental forums, specifically Lake District National Park, Cumbria Woodlands, Windermere Reflections, Adventure and Environmental Awareness Group
- Develop the internal cross functional focus group (Environment Team) to have a measurable increase in employee engagement by the end of 2014
- Increase the 2014 score from the Great Places to Work Survey to 95% of our employees believe that we are working to reduce our environmental impact.
- Update the London Office Code of Practice for environmental performance by the end of 2014
- Increase international office engagement in environmental issues affecting Impact and qualify progression of country specific environmental policies